Still, though, working on wedding stuff has been a nice way to switch things up, and I practically feel like we've got this thing wrapped already (far from it, but it's a nice feeling!). I contacted and booked a DJ, which is huge, and talked to a retired minister from my church in Clarion and he's going to perform our ceremony. Pomp and Like a Prayer, what more does any wedding really need? Well, food and booze, but we've been talking fairly regularly with the events guy at Mapleridge so that seems well in hand as well.
Actually, funny story about events-guy: he called me this morning as I was on the bus from campus to my polling place (!) and I about flipped out thinking it was another Obama volunteer. I appreciate the enthusiasm, and I support the candidate, but my God. Someone's knocked on my door every night but Sunday since Thursday, and a few the week before that, and last night I got two different phone calls in addition to the door-to-door guy. Holy crap, right? Well, it turned out to be Mapleridge-event-guy, but less than a half hour later I did get a call. Hopefully the last one -- I can't wait until tomorrow!
One last thing before I run to stats... the apartment got a feline addition last Monday! Pictures and details to come -- enjoy the suspense. :o)

No comments:
Post a Comment