I have my dress! Amber DeBo (my best friend in high school - still tight despite a cross-continental separation since then) came up to Bloomington from Alabama this weekend to visit and do a little shopping, and after touring B-town and the campus on Saturday, we headed up towards Indy to David's Bridal on Sunday. I'd gotten a call a few weeks ago that my dress was in, so I needed to pick it up from the store, and Amber and I needed to do some exploratory shopping as well.
Without going overboard, I'd just like to say that I liked my dress even more this time around. Good to know I made the right choice. :o) I also caved and bought shoes at DB, although I probably could have gotten something similar elsewhere cheaper. Time is becoming sufficiently precious that the ease of one-stop-shopping outweighed my natural desire to buy all things for less than $20. I guess there's no better occasion for it.
Amber didn't think she was going to buy anything --- we mostly wanted to check out styles and colors of bridesmaid dresses in person, since you can't tell much from a catalogue. But she ended up trying on one dress that was seriously awesome, and ordered it on the spot. Most booty-flattering. :o) I tried on a few myself after checking that my dress was the right size and everything, ostensibly to check colors with brunette coloring, which I did, but also just to try on prettiness. I have to say, seriously good times. And there are some seriously fugly dresses out there.
Speaking of which, we also rented and watched 27 Dresses the night before, to get us in the mood. My expert opinion: they spent too much time setting up why her life sucked. Yeah, it made the ending where it all works out more emotional, but I was so pissed off from the first 3/4 of the movie that I could hardly appreciate the rest. But it was appropriate, and I'm determined to at least let my (... bridesmaids? bridal party? girls? None of those feel right, like I'm either a tool or trying to pull a folksy Palin...) people pick out something they each like. That's right -- my bridesmaids are not going to be carbon copies. At least, unless they happen to all like the same dress. Wouldn't that be weird?
Color scheme info and links to DB dresses to come! (hopefully - I'll try and take advantage of a temporary let-up in school work)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment