Monday, November 24, 2008

Forecast: flurries of activity! (ha. ha. ha.)

I know, I know: I'm so freaking clever I hurt myself. But it does seem appropriate. I haven't been posting much lately because nothing that's tale-worthy has been happening. But that doesn't mean that nothing's been happening, just that it hasn't been very quirky or interesting. I mean, who wants to read a post like a grocery list?

1. I got online today to google photographers in Clarion.
2. I looked at some websites.
3. I called some photographers.
4. I scheduled a meeting with a photographer.

Thrilling prose, no? And that's been pretty much the state of affairs. Things ought to be getting more exciting post-wise, though, because my Thanksgiving break is going to be jam packed. (Going to be? you astutely ask. Yes, Indiana T-giving break doesn't start until Wednesday. I spent today in the lab and I will spend tomorrow in class. Mother Yale, how I miss thy kindness.)

Michael and I both arrive, separately, in PA late Tuesday/early Wednesday. My mom has a half day at school that day, so she's going to take us Christmas shopping, followed by an appointment with a florist in Brookville (our slightly larger but Wal-Mart-less neighboring town). The following day is Thanksgiving, of course, and Friday we're hoping to meet with my old pastor (he's retired since I was in Clarion, but I don't know the new guy (gal?) at all, and Arnie said he'd do the ceremony for us). Saturday morning we're headed over to Mapleridge* to measure things for decorating and talk contract details (such as menu) with the event guy over there. Then at 2:00 we're meeting a potential photographer. And then, I think, we're done with official appointments. Maybe we'll get to see Quantum of Solace?

But yeah, that seems like a lot. Do-able, but definitely a lot. And all the more potentially amusing due to the fact that we have basically no idea what we're getting into and tons of the details aren't worked out yet. Such as who's paying for what (this has been an endless farce, entirely out of my control as I have suggested multiple times to each party involved that they should just talk about it instead of working through me, the one party with virtually no money to contribute to this wedding. I mean, we're all adults, how about we just talk about it? Sheesh.).

Anyways, I'm forseeing lots of interesting posts in the near future. Hopefully about how smoothly everything went? We'll see. :o)

*Recall that this is not actually the name of the location. That will be sent out in invites, to protect the innocent. Namely, me.

No comments: