Monday, September 22, 2008

Smoke and mirrors

I've decided to be... discreet. (Tough to reconcile, I know ;o). Bear with me on this one) The all-important location/timing decision has been made, but I'm not going to announce the final call for literally everyone on the Internets to read (all my linguistics-literature stalkers would crash, and then where would we be? Discussing dialects until well after everyone else stopped caring, that's where). So for everyone's sake, we're going to leave certain details unsaid.

But while I could pretend that people who read the details on the blog would start google-mapping or booking airfare immediately, I know that's probably not the case (with exceptions of extreme procrastination situations, of course), so no harm done. Either way, we're going to try to send out informal save-the-dates here before tooooo long, so there's no travel-planning pressure.

But what does this mean for planning?

Apparently, that I can now actually get started for real!! I called one my aunts this afternoon to tell her the news and she was super excited. I love this aunt, so talking about it with her got me really excited too. That is, until she started mentioning all the different ways in which she could help me out with the planning or execution: "What about a special knife for cutting the cake? You know, engraved with your names and the date and so on? Or what about helping with the shower?" (Oh yeah, the shower.... I had completely forgotten about that minor detail that my mother starting planning the moment "We got engaged!" crossed my lips) "I could maybe help you pick out something nice to give to members of your bridal party. Or maybe help with talking to the florist? How do you think you're going to decorate the ceremony location? What about the reception hall?"

Um, wow. She was definitely throwing all this stuff out there because she thought I was already thinking about it and it might be helpful for her to take some of it off my hands, but wow. Yeah, I guess I do need to plan all that stuff between now and the day before the wedding, huh?

Well, be that as it may, I've got time. And at least for now, I'm refusing to panic. We've got everything well in hand and lots of time to work out details that - in the end - won't matter that much. In the meantime, I'm basking in zen and envisioning the most heinous dresses possible for the bridal party. Heh heh heh heh.... ;o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If those dresses are too ugly, I'm going naked. You were warned.

jennybeth said...

some inspiration for you: http://uglydress.com/index.html

hehe, it was so fun talking to you yesterday :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on finishing some of the decision-making. Hopefully the rest of the choices will feel less life-or-death. *hugs*

-L