Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Local advice

As you may have guessed from the WonderLab post, I'm finally getting on the ball with researching Indiana wedding locations. I talked to one of the Linguistics department administrators, and she gave me the advice to get me started. Now, a week later, I'm ready to start visiting things and finding out just what the spaces that seem financially feasible are really like. I even have a list. With event coordinator contact info and addresses! Isn't organization wonderful?

But I just wandered into my future (as of Friday's orientation, I guess) department, and it looks like I might be busy for most of tomorrow and Friday, except in the evening (probably not the best time to show up anywhere unannounced asking about catering prices). So I'm not sure when visits will actually be able to happen -- possibly over Labor Day weekend, although that may not be the best timing either. And I might want to do something a little more fun myself, such as explore some of the parks around Bloomington or go to Lake Monroe or something.

Either way, though, we've got to get on the stick and make a reservation if we want to get married in May, because weekends are going fast. Stupid people that plan too far in advance, ruining it for everyone else...

(In non-wedding news, IU seems really good. I got tons of stuff done today - like opening a local checking account and getting my student ID - and I'm starting to actually feel ready for classes and starting my graduate career and all. Exciting!!)

No comments: