Well, things have been a flurry of non-wedding-related activity recently - I successfully moved myself and the majority of my stuff from Boston and Clarion to Bloomington, IN. The apartment's great, the area seems really nice, and I can't wait to get to know the town and campus better. And now that all the physical moving is taken care of, I was able to snatch a little bit of "vacation" time, and actually come back to Boston to spend a week of relative freedom and one more week of close coupledom.
All along, I thought that this week would be taken up with moving stuff. I'm not really sure what, exactly, but it became clear on Monday (when I finished unpacking), that there wasn't much, so I'd have this period of unanticipated free time. And what better to do with said free time than wedding prep, right? (well, maybe several things, but wedding prep seems like one of the more practical options. Plus so much cheaper than Six Flags...)
So I'm going to spend some time over the next few days researching potential wedding locations in the Bloomington area and comparing them with what I've found/seen in Western PA. Since I'm not physically in B-ton at the moment, I won't be able to visit any of them right away, but I will hopefully find out where I should even start looking.
Also, we got some price info for Mapleridge and the Wolfton Inn and let it suffice to say that they're inexpensive. All right, fine, they're cheaper than hell (or at least, than hell would be in the Boston area). So one other motivator to find out about Bloomington locales sooner rather than later is price - if they can't compare with Clarion, we may have our regional location all but chosen for us. If they're similar, though, than we know we've still got options to consider.
And if Clarion wins by a monetary landslide, then maybe we can splurge for something ridiculous. Some initial thoughts: ice sculpture of the Yale Bowl, made to simultaneously display and refridgerate the ice cream wedding cake, or Third Eye Blind to play the reception!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment