Friday, July 25, 2008

Welcome to the Jungle

Did you know that limousine companies can book solid more than a year in advance? Did you know that it can take up to six months of fittings and tailor appointments to get your custom-made wedding dress just perfect? Did you know that it costs $425 to release 36 white doves at a ceremony in the San Fransico area? Did you even know that it was possible to simultaneously release 36 doves?

Well, neither did I. And, frankly, I don't think any of that is worth it. But there are lots of other, more practical wedding details that I'm equally clueless about, and those are things that I think I might be investigating a bit more thoroughly over the next few months than the quick "wedding doves" Google search I just did.

And since this whole wedding thing seems like it's going to be one heck of an adventure, I thought I'd give you (the collective populous of the Internet, I guess, but more specifically my friends) the chance to ride along. Also, this will give me a forum to chat about wedding-y things without forcing anyone else to listen, and therefore doing it guilt-free. So enjoy, dear reader, and please feel free to participate in any and all discussion - comments welcome!

4 comments:

Carol said...

Custom made wedding dress!!! Pictures pictures! and ha ha ha fuzzy fiances.

mysterhie said...

awesome, i am so excited about this blog.

do the doves have to be released at a wedding? or could one release them to celebrate any milestone?
graduated? DOVES!
retired? DOVES!
completed the drink-your-height challenge at richter's? DOVES!

Anonymous said...

Can doves eat monogrammed sugar cubes?

Beth said...

I think doves are appropriate for every occasion. And they had better not eat my $1,000,000 monogrammed sugar cube favors. Or they'll be treated like the pigeons they really are!!